- Written by Super User
- Category: Legal
- Hits: 207
ENTERING A PAGE OF THE ZIPSTRIPE WEBSITE WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER ANY WEBSITE OF THE ZIPSTRIPE NETWORK.
Please note that to process your requests for the Services, you may be charged a fee to send and receive messages based on the terms of your wireless service provider. In order to use certain of the Services, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content and data, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web. All messages and services, whether or not they are delivered to or access your mobile phone, may include a premium message charge on your mobile phone account. You may also be charged for standard messages by your mobile phone provider. Check your wireless service provider if you have questions about your service plan and check your agreement with your mobile phone provider to see if you are charged for receiving standard or premium messages and/or data. If you do not wish to receive messages on your mobile phone from Zipstripe or its users, simply reply "STOP" to any type of message, and that specific type of message or service will cease. Please note that this command will disable your Zipstripe Account and all associated data.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including but not limited to the release of new Zipstripe properties, shall be subject to this Agreement.
You understand and agree that the Services are provided "AS-IS" and that Zipstripe assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ZIPSTRIPE MAY MODIFY SERVICES AT ANY TIME AND THAT ZIPSTRIPE SPECIFICALLY RESERVES THE RIGHT FROM TIME TO TIME TO ALTER THE SELECTION, FUNCTIONALITY AND PRICING OF SERVICES AND MESSAGES, AND TO ELIMINATE ANY OR ALL OFFERINGS ENTIRELY AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTIFICATION. PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN TO UNDERSTAND THE LATEST AND CURRENT OFFERINGS, AND SIMPLY REPLY "STOP" TO ANY MESSAGE TO CEASE ALL FUTURE MESSAGES OR CHARGES.
PART 1 - SMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In addition to any originating, entry or submission fee of which you are notified, your carrier's standard messaging rates apply to your originating, entry or submission message, Zipstripe's confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside Zipstripe's control. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider.
3. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device you use to subscribe for the service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
4. Zipstripe will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis.
5. Data obtained from you in connection with the Services may include your mobile device phone number & specifications, location, carrier's particulars, and the date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. Zipstripe may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request, to otherwise operate, develop and improve the Services, and as well to customize the experience and Content delivered to you including but not limited to advertising messages. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data about your SMS usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies.
6. The Services and the content and materials received through the Services are proprietary to Zipstripe or our licensors, and is for your personal, non-commercial use only.
7. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with or disrupt the Services or their functionality.
8. The Services are available only where such may be legally provided.
10. If you have any questions, visit http://www.zipstripe.com and select SMS Help. You can also text the word "help" to a Zipstripe shortcode to get additional information about a particular service. Zipstripe does not charge for help messages; however, you normal carrier rates apply.
11. The Services may, without prior notice to you, be suspended or terminated by Zipstripe for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, invalid data, closure of related account(s), breakdown, maintenance, modification, expansion and/or enhancement work caused or initiated by the telecommunications company (s) concerned in relation to their network or by any service provider in respect of the Services. Zipstripe will not assume any liability or responsibility for any such suspension or termination.
12. All SMS OPT-IN replies and further requests related to such Opt-in become the property of Zipstripe. Zipstripe supports permission based marketing. All SMS OPT-IN replies will be entered into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Zipstripe, its brands, special offers and other promotions without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by you. By agreeing to OPT-IN, unless otherwise advised, you also agree that Zipstripe may use your information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation.
13. SMS is not a guaranteed delivery communication tool. Zipstripe and your service provider cannot accept responsibility for any SMS messages not received, any SMS reply message or for any delay in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion, network failures or for any other reason. A vote or contest entry is only validated and included in the tally following receipt into the Zipstripe database from a carrier.
14. If for any reason the Services are not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Zipstripe which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Services, Zipstripe reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Services, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Services.
PART 2 - GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Changes to the Agreement, Website or the Services.
3. Registration and Security.
4. Use of the Website/Services.
Zipstripe does not control the information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials available via the Services, and you must understand that all information, data, text, files, graphics, links, music, photographs, software, sound, video, messages, communication or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Zipstripe does not control the Content posted or transmitted in any way via the Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.
You understand that by using the Website and/or Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Zipstripe be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content posted, emailed, sent via SMS or otherwise transmitted or received via the Website and/or Services. You are responsible for complying with all laws applicable to the Content you submit via the Website and/or Services. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. In addition, you agree not to do, nor allow any third party to do, any of the following actions while using the Services:
- Harass, "stalk", threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Zipstripe participant, user, or other individual or entity, including impersonating in the Website and/or Services any person, including but not limited to, a Zipstripe official, forum leader, guide or host, or otherwise disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within the Website and/or Services or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants;
- Upload, post, email, SMS, or otherwise transmit via the Website and/or Services any Content that you cannot confirm to be true and not purposely provide false or misleading information, nor remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website and/or Services, and which is unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation in the Services;
- Collect any information about other users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose, and copy or store any Content offered on the Website or Services for other than your own use;
- Upload, post, email, SMS, or otherwise submit or transmit - i) any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; ii) use the Website or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in illegal or detrimental activities such as but not limited to denial of service attacks; iii) any Content that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party, including but not limited to any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party; iv) any Content or material that falsely expresses or implies that such Content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Zipstripe, or any third party materials or Content without such third party's prior written consent; v) Content or materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity; vii) any false or misleading information to Zipstripe or any content which may be harmful or detrimental to Zipstripe or its business associates, or which violates any restriction or policy established by Zipstripe or its business associates;
- Taking any action - i) that imposes, or may impose in Zipstripe's sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Zipstripe's IT infrastructure; ii) to modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Website and/or Services; iii) using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Website and/or Services; iv) to reformat or frame any portion of the pages that are part of the Website and/or Services; v) to cause any screen in the Website and/or Services to "scroll" faster than other users are able to type to it or any action to a similar disruptive effect; vi) to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted via the Website and/or Services;Â vii)to transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature; viii) to create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences; ix) to create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as "spam" to other users of the Website and/or Services or otherwise interfere with other user's enjoyment of the Website and/or Services; or x) to use the Website and/ or Services, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; and,
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing the Website and/or Services or in connection with your use of the Website and/or Services in any manner;
In addition, you understand and acknowledge that differing countries, societies and governments may hold their citizens, companies and visitors to a different standard of conduct and speech (legal, ethical, moral and/or religious), and in this regard access to the Website and/or Services may be terminated if offensive to the conduct and speech standards of the country they are in or are transmitting into. Considerations include: the sensibilities of the recipient of the transmissions whether they hold a difference religious or ethical viewpoint, are of a different race or heritage, have a mental disorder or handicap, or any other person having special circumstances; transmissions to or aimed at an audience of children (persons under the age of 18) that include references to sexual practices and/or containing inappropriate or offensive language; and, content which promotes or incites terrorism, the misuse of weapons, or encourages or incites a person to commit a criminal offence.
By posting Content on the Website or through the Services, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, Zipstripe, its contractors, and the users of the Website and Services an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content;
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Zipstripe, transmitted through the Website and/or Services, or submitted to Zipstripe. You acknowledge and agree that Zipstripe may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Zipstripe, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Website and/or Services, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
5. Copyright Dispute Policy.
Zipstripe has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Zipstripe's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
- Zipstripe Policy - It is Zipstripe's policy to (i) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, Content providers or users; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements - If you believe that material or Content residing on or accessible through the Website or Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
- 1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- 2) Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- 3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Zipstripe is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- 4) Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- 5) A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- 6) A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification - Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Zipstripe's policy:
- 1) to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- 2) to notify the Content provider or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- 3) that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Zipstripe will terminate such Content provider's or user's access to the service.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent - If the Content provider or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the Content provider or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the Content provider or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- 1) A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider or user;
- 2) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- 3) A statement that the Content provider or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and,
- 4) The Content provider's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Content provider's or user's address is located, or if the Content provider's or user's address is located outside the North America, for any judicial district in which Zipstripe is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- Removal - If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Zipstripe may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Zipstripe's discretion. Please contact Zipstripe's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Copyright Agent, Zipstripe Inc.
690 Rowntree Dairy Rd., Suite 201., Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada L4L 5T7 Phone: (905) 856-7395
Fax: (905) 856-8465
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. No Resale of Services.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Website or Services, use of the Website or Services, or access to the Website or Services.
You agree that Zipstripe, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, Account (or any part thereof) or access to the Website or use of the Services, and remove and discard any Content within the Website or Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Zipstripe believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Zipstripe may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Website or Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Website or Services under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Zipstripe may immediately deactivate or delete your Account and all related information and files in your Account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Website or Services. Further, you agree that Zipstripe shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website or Services. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Website or Services must be filed within two (2) years after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
8. Dealings with Advertisers and Users.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website or Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Zipstripe shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website or Services. In addition, Zipstripe does not regulate user-to-user dealings, therefore, in the event you have a dispute with one or more users of the Website or Services, you agree that Zipstripe shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such user or users on the Website or Services.
The Website and/or Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other world wide web sites or resources. Because Zipstripe has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Zipstripe is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Zipstripe shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such sites or resource.
10. Zipstripe's Proprietary Rights.
You acknowledge and agree that the Website and/or Services and any necessary software used in connection with the Services ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Website or Services or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. "Zipstripe Trademarks" means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress and other designations that are used by Zipstripe in connection with its Website and/or Services, including, without limitation, Zipstripe, Zipstripe It!, and Making You Mobile.
11. Third Party Content & Trademarks.
With respect to any Content obtained from or belonging to third parties, the following applies: This information is proprietary to third parties and is protected under international copyright laws and international treaty provisions. This information is licensed for your personal or professional use and may not be resold or provided to others. You may not distribute, sell, rent, sublicense, or lease such information, in whole or in part to any third party; and you will not make such information available in whole or in part to any other user in any networked or time-sharing environment, or transfer the information in whole or in part to any computer other than the PC or mobile device used to access this information. All other trademark and service marks appearing on Zipstripe's web site which do not belong to Zipstripe are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly authorized by Zipstripe or advertisers, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Website or Services or the Software, in whole or in part. Zipstripe grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single device; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Website and/or Services. You agree not to access the Website and/or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Zipstripe for use in accessing the Website and/or Services. Persons pictured upon the Zipstripe Website and/or Services consist of models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (a) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ZIPSTRIPE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER RELATING TO ZIPSTRIPE, THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND SOFTWARE, AND ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES RELATED THERETO OR INCLUDED IN THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (b) ZIPSTRIPE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR AVAILABLE FROM A SPECIFIC LOCATION OR DEVICE; (iii) THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, VIDEOS, LINKS, OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN AND RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE OR CORRECTED; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (v) THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND (vi) ANY ERRORS IN THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED; (c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES; (d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM ZIPSTRIPE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT; and, (e) ZIPSTRIPE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OR ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights, which vary between jurisdictions. Maps and directions provided on the Website or by the Services are informational only - no representation is made or warranty given as to their content, road conditions or route usability or expeditiousness, and you assume all risk of use. Zipstripe and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
13. Limitation of Liability.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ZIPSTRIPE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES OR OTHER INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, GOODWILL, USE, INFORMATION, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ZIPSTRIPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES; (v) THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE ZIPSTRIPE'S WEBSITE OR SERVICES; (vi) FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES; OR (vii) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR RELATED TO WEBSITE OR SERVICES; WHETHER RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTUOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN ZIPSTRIPE'S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO ZIPSTRIPE IN THE 6 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (B) $100. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you. It is prohibited to use Zipstripe's Website and Services in violation of any applicable local, provincial, state or federal laws.
15. Special Admonition for Services Relating to Financial Matters.
If you intend to create or join any service, receive or request any news, messages, alerts or other information from the Website and/or Services concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, please read the above Sections 15 and 16 again. They go doubly for you. In addition, for this type of information particularly, the phrase "Let the investor beware" is apt. The Website and Services are provided for informational purposes only, and no Content included in the Website and/or Services is intended for trading or investing purposes. Zipstripe shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted via the Website and/or Services, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
16. Third Party Websites & Dealings.
Zipstripe's Website or Services may contain links to websites maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. Zipstripe does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such websites. Zipstripe's inclusion of a link to a website does not imply any endorsement of the services or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization. If you enter into correspondence or engage in commercial transactions with third parties in connection with your use of the Zipstripe Website and/or Services, such activity is solely between you and the applicable third party. Zipstripe shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such activity. You hereby release Zipstripe from all claims arising from such activity.
19. Errors and Delays.
Zipstripe is not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to any request from you, whether the fault of our personnel or equipment, or any third party, technical or otherwise.
Except for the Content submitted by users, all content of any nature posted or provided to the Website or Services and all aspects thereof, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, shall be owned by Zipstripe or its licensors. You acknowledge that the Website and Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Website and/or Services contain Zipstripe's proprietary information. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the Content, Software, and/or materials available on the Website or Services in whole or in part. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, Zipstripe and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Website or Services not expressly granted by Zipstripe to you are retained by Zipstripe.
21. Submissions to Zipstripe 'The Company'.
To avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by Zipstripe might seem to others to be similar to their own ideas, suggestions or materials, if you do send us any materials, including creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information or if you transmit to Zipstripe by electronic mail or otherwise, communications including any such information, data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Zipstripe. None of the Information shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Zipstripe and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Information. Zipstripe shall exclusively own any now known or hereafter existing rights to the Information of every kind and shall been entitled to unrestricted use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Information.
Notices to you may be made via email, SMS (short message service), regular mail, or the Website and/or Services may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or other matters by posting notices or links to notices generally on the Services.
Please report any violations of this Agreement by sending particulars to the follo9wing address email@example.com.
I. Information We Collect.
Zipstripe collects user's mobile device information such as but not limited to mobile device telephone number, provider, mobile device profile, location, as well as user submitted information including but not limited to name, email address, city, province/state, country or zip, in order to identify you and send you notifications and/or Content related to the use of the Website and/or Services. Zipstripe also collects user submitted information such as merchant and credit card information, and collects user submitted content such as photos, reviews, and ratings of local businesses and service providers. Some foregoing information collected is not explicitly submitted by the user; as we log your mobile related information above and browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp.
II. How We Use Your Information.
You may receive advertising of a generic and/or targeted nature. For example: you may see advertising on your mobile device screen. Zipstripe tries to provide you with the most relevant location-based content and advertising-based data you request. We do this by noting the sections of Zipstripe's Website and/or Services that you've viewed and the ads that you've tapped, information from forms you have completed and/or campaigns you have been involved with, then we attach them to your user profile when you open or sync your mobile device and update Zipstripe. Zipstripe then uses this to show you the best information and most relevant advertising/services based on where you are and the types of information you need. In addition, we use this information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website and/or Services and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, their advertising banners. Browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp data help us diagnose problems with our server, administer Zipstripe's Website and Services, and otherwise provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also sometimes use outside companies to display advertising on our Website and/or Services. These ads may place cookies on your computer and mobile device, which are referenced by our ad companies. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services of interest to you. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that they may contain.
III. Transfer of Information.
Our Website and Services may contain links to third party websites to which we have no affiliation. Zipstripe may present advertisements or links to partner companies. When you click on these links or enter information, you may be transferred to an advertiser or partner's Web site. Zipstripe has no control over the privacy practices or information that these sites may request of you. Zipstripe may share your personal information with those websites but is not responsible for their privacy practices. We are not and cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices or content by these entities. We suggest you read the privacy polices on these third party websites. However, please notify us immediately of any improper practices you encounter.
VI. Controlling Your Personal Information.
Personally identifiable information may be required to receive certain products or services. Zipstripe may also disclose personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Zipstripe; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Zipstripe, the site or the users of Zipstripe's Website or Services, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Zipstripe or the public. You are given the option to unsubscribe to Zipstripe's Website and Services. Simply send us an email with the pertinent information (your email, phone number, name, address), with your request to unsubscribe and have your client information purged from our system. You should also be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g. user name, e-mail address, demographic information) via reviews, messages, forums, postings, or in other areas of the Zipstripe Website and/or Services, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Zipstripe. Please do not post any personal information on the Zipstripe Website and/or Services or in other areas that you expect to keep private. Registered Zipstripe users can modify their personal information at any time by accessing the login section of the site. Also, upon your request, Zipstripe will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally remove personal information from the Website and/or Services; however, it may be impossible to remove entries without some residual information being retained by Zipstripe or third party search engines. Registered users who wish to close their Account should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website and Services are not directed to children, and Zipstripe does not knowingly solicit information from any child under the age of 13. Should a child whom Zipstripe knows to be under 13 send personal information to Zipstripe, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or guardian) to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
IX. Terms and Modifications to this Privacy Statement.
X. Contacting Zipstripe.
YOU MAY PRINT OR DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS